FRP/GRP Cable Trays Simplification
Satyam Composites Fiberglass FRP Cable Trays is designed and manufactured from a selection of premium resin reinforced with glass fibers to form a strong composite that is resistant to chemicals, fire retardant, and Ultra Violet rays. Satyam FRP GRP Cable Trays are widely used in Electrical & Instrumentation Installations. We have developed a wide range of FRP (Fiber-Reinforced Plastics) Cable ladder, FRP Perforated trays, and FRP Supports to provide complete cable system solutions for Projects.
Fiberglass reinforced plastics cable trays systems are defined to include Ladder cable trays, ventilated and solid bottom cable trays, FRP tray Covers, Accessories, Bends, and fittings. Our Cable Trays are manufactured in line with NEMA FGI 1993(Fiberglass Cable trays System) And UL 568(Non-metallic Cable Tray Systems), Cable tray shall be installed according to the latest revision of NEMA VE 2.
FRP GRP LADDER CABLE TRAYS
FRP Ladder Cable trays shall consist of two longitudinal side rails with transverse/horizontal rung mechanically fastened and adhesively bonded to the side rails. FRP Rungs shall be spaced 150,250,300mm distant from each other. Each FRP Ladder side rails shall have holes on each end for fixing the FRP Coupler plate and hardware. FRP Ladder trays construction shall have a high degree of finish and to facilitate easy handling as also laying of cables without causing damage to cables.
FRP GRP PERFORATED CABLE TRAYS
FRP Perforated type Cable trays are solid bottom with perforation/slot in the bottom side of cable trays. Ventilated bottom shall be perforated with 8mm diameter holes and have slots to facilitate the use of cable ties to fix the cables. FRP GRP Perforated trays come with a width from 50mm to 600mm and height up to 100mm with thickness 3,4,5 and 6mm.
FRP Channel Cable trays shall be supplied in 3000mm standard length and splice holes are provided at both ends to connect trays with splices plates & Hardware.
FRP GRP Cable Tray Accessories & Fittings:
Satyam Composites manufacture several FRP Cable trays accessories to match exact site requirement including FRP covers, Horizontal bend, Vertical Inside & outside Bend, Tee, Unequal tee, FRP Cross, FRP Reducer, FRP Horizontal hinge, FRP vertical hinge, FRP Splice & Coupler plates, FRP cover clamp and many others. Pre-assembled fittings are available in all trays, FRP Cable trays fittings are assembled using stainless steel fasteners.
Satyam Composites have more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing FRP Cable Trays management system. We have India’s largest production capacity with a minimum of 200 km/month production rate. We are a large-scale manufacturer of FRP Ladder cable trays & FRP Perforated trays.
Satyam Composites FRP Cable trays are approved from EIL, MECONS, PDIL, ONGC, ADNOC, RIL, BPCL, HPCL, IOCL & major consultant in India as well as abroad.
FRP/GRP Cable Duct
Satyam Composites manufacturer FRP Duct & Accessories, Our FRP Cable duct and accessories are corrosion resistant, Fire retardant and ASTM E-84 Standard. FRP Duct is manufactured by the fully automated Pultrusion process. FRP GRP Cable duct comes with a width from 400mm to 1200mm and height up to 400 mm with thickness 4,5 and 6mm.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE FRP/GRP PERFORATED & LADDER CABLE TRAY
|TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE FRP/GRP PERFORATED & LADDER CABLE TRAY|
|Type of cable trays||FRP material, Perforated type|
|The material of cable trays||Material is Ultra‐violet resistant, Antistatic, corrosion-resistant and fire retardant (class 1, fire rating) FRP, Glass content should be min 55%.|
|Manufacturing Process||Pultrusion Process using automated Pultrusion machines with roving & Matt Glass Reinforcement|
|Glass content in cable trays||> 55 %|
|Resin to be used||Ultraviolet resistant Isophthalic resin, Vinyl ester Resin|
|Support Span||1.5 Meters|
(As per NEMA FGI-198x Standard)
| 50mm Width : 07 Kg/linear meter
100mm Width : 15 Kg/linear meter
150mm Width : 30 Kg/linear meter
300mm Width : 60 Kg/linear meter
450mm Width : 75 Kg/linear meter
600mm Width : 90 Kg/linear meter
|Shall not exceed L/200mms|
|Cable Tray Accessories||Cable Tray Accessories shall be of same materials of cable trays & it includes Horizontal & Vertical Bends, Tees, Reducers, and Cross etc. with minimum Bending Radius of 600mm.|
|Type Tests of FRP Pultruded Sections
|1.Dielectric strength : Axial 30-45 KV/25mm : Radial 10-15KV/mm
2. Arc resistance: > 120 seconds
3. Water Absorption: 0.6% maximum by weight (24 hrs immersion)
4. Flame Spread index shall be<=25 and smoke density index=<450 as per ASTME84 Class A
5. Very Low flammability (V0) as per UL94
6. Anti-Static with surface resistivity between 10^9 and 10^12 ohms as per ASTM D257.
7. Oxygen index shall be a minimum of 30% as per ASTMD-2863.
8. UV resistance as per ASTM G154 (For 1000 hours minimum, with tensile strength test which shall not reduce by more than 7% after UV exposure)
9.Flame Retardant as per ASTM D635
|Mechanical & Electrical Properties of FRP Pultruded Sections.||Tensile Strength: ASTM D 638-91
Flexural Strength: ASTM D 790 -92
Compressive Strength :ASTM D 695-91
Die Electric Strength: ASTM D 149-97a
Izod Impact: ASTM D 256
Barcol hardness: Min 45-50
|Colour||As per your customer requirement|
FRP/GRP CABLE TRAYS INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
Satyam FRP Cable trays installation should be with the standard set by the National Electric Code and NEMA Publications VE-2. Satyam Cable trays supplies made to order, pre-fabricated cable ladder tray, and fittings as specified by the purchaser.
- Always observe common safety practices when assembling trays and fittings. Installations generally require some field cutting. Dust created during fabrication presents no serious health hazard, but skin irritation may be experienced by some workers.
- Operators of saws and drills should wear masks, long sleeve shirts, or coveralls.
- Fabrication with fiberglass is relatively easy and comparable to working with wood. Ordinary hand tools may be used in most cases.
- Avoid excessive pressure when sawing or drilling. Too much force can rapidly dull tools and also produce excessive heat which softens the bonding resin in the fiberglass resulting in a ragged edge rather than a clean-cut edge.
- Field cutting is simple and can be accomplished with a circular power saw with an abrasive cut-off wheel (masonry type) or hack saw (24 to 32 teeth per inch).
- Drill fiberglass as you would drill hardwood. Standard twist drills are more than adequate.
- Any surface that has been drilled, cut, sanded, or otherwise broken, must be sealed with a compatible resin.
- Carbide tipped saw blades and drill bits are recommended when cutting large quantities.
- Support the fiberglass material firmly during cutting operations to keep material from shifting which may cause chipping at the cut edge.
- Each tray section length should be equal to or greater than the support span.
- When possible, the splice should be located within a quarter span.
- Fittings should be supported as per NEMA FG-1.
Reference NEMA VE-2 (current issue) In as much as fiberglass cable tray is designed as a support for power or control cables, or both; it is not intended or designed to be a walkway for personnel. The user is urged to display appropriate warning cautioning against the use of this support as a walkway.
Resin Selection Guide
Satyam Composites provides a complete range of resin selection guide to the customer for selecting the most suitable FRP Cable trays & Accessories for their applications.
|Resin Type||Resin Base||Description||Corrosion Resistance||Flame Spread Rating ASTM E 84||Product||Standard Colors||Max. Temp|
|Type V||Vinyl Ester||Superior Corrosion Resistance & Fire Retardant||Excellent||Class 1, 25 or Less||Molded & Pultruded||Dark Grey||200° F|
|Industrial grade Corrosion Resistance & Fire Retardant||Very Good||Class 1, 25 or Less||Molded & Pultruded||Green, Yellow, Light Grey||150° F|
|Type P||Phenolic||Low Smoke and Superior fire resistance||Very Good||Class 1, 5 or Less||Molded & Pultruded||Reddish Brown||200° F|
Advantages of FRP GRP Cable Trays & Accessories
- Corrosion Resistance
- Fire Retardant
- Long life
- Maintenance Free
- Easy Installation
- High Strength
Application of FRP GRP Cable trays & Accessories
- Oil & Gas Sector
- Petrochemical & Refineries
- Cement Industry
- Alkalise & Fertilizer Industry
- Sugar Industry
- Electrical & Instrumentation EPC Contractors
Satyam Composites is an India based manufacturer with all major approval. We supplied our FRP Cable trays to major countries like UAE, USA, SINGAPORE, SRI LANKA, BANGLADESH, SAUDI ARABIA, BRAZIL, QATAR, OMAN & Etc.